Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Aah! At last...

I did it. Modified the green polka dotted template of my page into this..mean..black..thing :) Not a major feat, this..considering am a designer, a web designer that too, and all I had to do was change the images and layers and sizes and stuff. But it still is a step forward.. the first towards me getting up, dusting my ass, walking over to the comp and start "blogging".. All my previous posts (don't start digging for them, there's just 5 of them so far...this is the 6th!) need to be deleted or stacked away in the (e-)attic and me should start afresh. But what do I write about?

Hmmm.. This has always been my problem. Am "creative"... I mean, yeah, I can draw, sketch, paint, design... I was born with it. People ask me why I don't do a painting, or draw something, or think of a short li'l story with a cute li'l character and animate it??

I can write quite ok too. Again, people ask me why I don't write something... letters, articles, or create a blog and start posting??

Well, I have just two reasons for that.

Reason One. I can never come up with an original idea when I really wanna do something for myself. No idea why it happens, but when I decide to do a painting or a drawing or design or write something, for myself that is, I suddenly find myself staring at a blank wall! And for some weird reason, I don't even see any patterns forming on the wall to inspire me.

Reason Two. Am lazy. Am a lazy lazy bum ;)

I really have to get myself to do things am good at. Creativity is a gift. And I've been blessed with it. Why waste it? I've seen many of my friends struggle to make a simple neat drawing even with the right tools!

All said, and this basic redesign work done, I think I've just taken the first step to make me more useful to the world. No. Lemme rephrase that. I have just taken the first step to make me more useful to the world :)

Amen!