Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Destiny! Is it?

Do you believe in destiny?
What IS “destiny”?
  1. an event (or a course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future

  2. the ultimate agency that predetermines the course of events (often personified as a woman); "we are helpless in the face of Destiny"

  3. fortune: your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you);
These are the definitions of the word on the net.
But the question is, do you believe in it?

Do you believe that no matter how far you walk, how hard you work, or how bad it hurts, you'll always get to where you need to be?

Do you believe that no matter how careful you are when riding that bike, if it’s meant to be your time to say “bye-bye Dorothy”, it could happen even by a bird hitting the visor of your helmet and you crash landing at the wrong spot????

Show/Hide Full Post...

This question has always been pestering me. And being the confused “brainy” I am, I sometimes think it’s stupid. I mean, it’s our life. Every road we take leads to some place. At every junction we get to make a choice. Where the next road leads us is entirely based on the choice we made. So what’s destiny got to do with it? Aren’t we actually writing our destiny every time we make a choice?

Am at a main “junction” where I have to make an important choice and am really confused if I should go left or right or just follow the road straight ahead. Hmmm... what do I do? *Crash* Oops! A car coming from my right just crashed into a truck coming from my opposite side. Good Lord! I could have been just crossing the road when that happened. Guess my time hasn’t come yet…to say bye-bye. Oh well, the roads on my right and straight ahead are blocked now by the truck and that car and all those cars that screeched to a stop, some banging into others. What a mess!! Oh dear! Am late. Got to go, but which way??? Ok, the road to my left.

…And I continue the journey of life…

Now, here, did the accident “help” me make the choice? Or did it force me to take that decision? Did destiny make me take the left road by causing that car crash? Or am I still writing my destiny by taking the road and not bothering to actually make a choice and maybe take one of the other roads? I could have even helped someone in need at the crash scene, who knows!

Will anyone ever know?

My life has had so many twists and turns in its course. It's taken me all of my life to get where I am now. And I always wonder if whatever happened did happen for a reason. Is it my destiny that’s brought me here? Or was it just my choices in life? Are destiny and our choices one and the same? God! Am confused!!

All I can think of now is, destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Needs more thinking…